Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snow Biz

Strangely enough, it was a very real possibility that our ski vacation was to be canceled by snow. As the snow came down in Louisville, flight after flight was delayed and canceled. Long delays caused a shortage of TP. Although the photo below did not affect me, I found it humorous and snapped it cuz I thought it told quite a story.




Perhaps my humor at someone's obvious misfortune was the negative Karma I projected into the universe that caused Sharon's baggage to be left behind in Louisville while we headed off to Utah. Perhaps it was the imbecilic Ticket Agent at Delta that only did half her job by changing Sharon's flight, but not her bag tag, thereby insuring, due to TSA regulations that no bag will be loaded onto a plane unless a ticketed passenger headed to the same destination is on board, her bag would remain at Standiford Field. My suspicion is the latter and Delta will be receiving a letter stating such in very short order.

Yeah, it sucks not to have your bags, but we made the best of it and headed up the hill. The first day at Brighton - a place where Snowboarders vastly outnumber skiers. We had a few extras from work who were also on the same "BizTrip/Vacation."

Good times were had by all. Sharon's bag found us on Day 2 at Solitude and we all breathed a sigh of relief and could then thoroughly enjoy ourselves!

So now I've had 10 full days on a Snowboard and can confidently say that I SUCK. Big mountains shrink me orbs to a point that I can barely point the nose of a board down the hill. Oh Well, I'll learn more in April when I venture out to Idaho with the kids for Spring Break!

1 Comments:

Blogger gimpinainteasy said...

Yeah, Brighton had some rippers when I went. I saw some dude casually toss a front flip off of a bump on his way in to the lift. Sheeesh.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home